Asking interview questions at the close of an interview is one more way to stand out among other job candidates. First, by being curious, you show your interest in the position and the company. Second, employers like candidates who ask intelligent questions because it demonstrates your knowledge of the company, their industry, markets, etc. Lastly, the interview should always be a two way conversation. There will be questions you need answered to determine if you would be happy working for the organization.
2. What is the most challenging thing about working here?
3. What are some of the greatest challenges facing the company right now?
4. What do you consider your company’s greatest assets to be?
5. Why did you decide to join this company?
6. How does your department fit into the overall structure of the organization?
7. What will make someone successful in this job?
8. What are the performance expectations for the person in this job for the first 12 months?
9. What are the immediate objectives for this job in the first 3 months?
10. What is a typical career path for someone hired into this position?