Do you have someone on your gift list who is changing careers or in the midst of a job search? Whether they are recent college grads or seasoned career professionals, there are lots of great gift ideas for the job seeker on your list.
Here are 7 gift ideas for the career-minded.
1. Subscription to the Wall Street Journal. Every job seeker needs to stay abreast of the latest financial news, not to mention trends in technology. Right now the Wall Street Journal is offering a special, $1 a week for 12 week subscription with on-line access.
2. Clothing gift certificate. The new grad on your list will appreciate this especially if she is on a tight budget. How about a gift certificate to Macy’s or the Men’s Wearhouse for that interview suit? Try Nordstrom for the best in shoes. Every interviewee needs a stylish pair of shoes to insure a professional look.
3. Business Cards. Those in career transition will appreciate having business cards to use for networking, attending job fairs and going on interviews.Vistaprint offers a wide variety of templates to choose from. Surprise your special someone with a customized card that includes all of his or her contact information.
4. Personalized Note Cards. A personal thank you note to follow up interviews is a must in today’s tough job market. Expressionary has many templates to choose from.
5. Photo Session. Everyone in a job search needs a professional headshot for on-line bios such as LinkedIn, Google+ and Facebook. Most people use their smart phones to do the job but a professional studio photo is the way to go if you really want to stand out.
6. Leather Portfolio. Nothing adds more to your professional image than a standout portfolio or padfolio. These can be pricey but the Leather Tree offers a wide variety and price range and free shipping!
7. Gym Membership. The job search can be pretty stressful and there is no better cure than exercise to keep your job seeker, loved one at the top of their game. Purchase a gym membership for them to encourage a regular fitness routine in the New Year.